Originate! editor and business development consultant Larry Bodine discussed the following topics at the Get A Life Conference in Chicago:
- The three places where new business comes from for law firms.
- Why effective legal selling is not "selling."
- Questions to ask in a new-business call.
- Why you should not make cold calls.
- The No. 1 way for lawyers to establish their credibility.
- How to find the time to do marketing and business development.
- Why you should join a trade association - not a bar association.
- How to get new files by visiting clients.
- Learn who the lawyers are that clients will buy services from.