Click the link below for a 34 minute interview with Larry Bodine as he keys on a host of business development tips. He is interviewed by by Cole Silver, Esq. of The Silver Group:
- Overcoming your natural hostility to marketing and sales.
- Avoiding rejection and conducting a new-business call correctly.
- Avoiding cold calls and mining your network instead.
- Weaving business development into your current activities.
- Why business development is a pathway to happiness.
- Identifying your ideal clients and avoiding rude and obnoxious clients.
- How much to spend on legal marketing.
- Teaching business development to associates.
- Business development is building relationships.
- How much time to spend on marketing.
- The three business development priorities.
- Planting a garden -- if you do business development behaviors you will get results.
- Create a wolf pack and hunt as a group.
- Don't make a career of taking assignments from old men, or you'll become a subservient service partner.
- Three generations: rainmakers, worker bees and young entrepreneurs.
- Turning your network into people who can send you business.
Cole Silver, an attorney based in Moorestown, NJ, heads The Silver Group, a company specializing in career and business development for lawyers. He is the author of the Legal Marketing Secrets Blog. Cole was a trial attorney for a multi-state commercial law firm, and operated his own law firm and served as General Counsel for several high growth companies.